- Location – Cairnrobin, Aberdeen
- Hours – an 8 hour day (0830 – 1700) – Monday to Friday
- Holidays – 5 weeks p.a. plus Scottish Bank Holidays
- Generous company contribution to pension
- After successfully completing a 3-month probation period, you will be invited to join our cash-back health care plan.
- Reports to the Hire Manager
Fern Communications is a tech company specialising in the offshore energy sector, both oil & gas and offshore renewables. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting company. The position forms an integral part of the Hire Desk Team who are responsible for managing the hire of handheld radios to the oil & gas sector.
Daily responsibilities, after a period of in-house training:
- Receive customer hire requests via email & respond with hire quotations.
- Schedule & sometimes re-schedule hire preparation, deliveries & collections.
- Produce, log, and send hire invoices.
- Liaise with the Hire Manager to manage stock levels.
- Assist the Hire Manager with equipment on-hire & off-hire scanning.
- Assist the Hire Manager with equipment servicing & maintenance.
- On occasion, if the Hire Manager is not available, deliver hire equipment to customers. The customers are all based in and around Aberdeen.
- Work alongside the QHSE department, to assist with weekly ISO 9001/14001/45001 checks and audits.
- Assist the Hire Manager and the Ops Project Manager with Hire reports and stock checks.
- And other administration tasks as and when required by Fern Communications.
- A full, clean driver’s license is required.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Attention to detail. Once equipment goes offshore it is not possible to make changes.
- A good customer service manor & flexibility toward scheduling. It is important to understand that things don’t always go to schedule with the offshore industry.
To apply please email you c.v. and covering letter to email@example.com